ScubaJam Virginia (www.scubajam-va.org) was created to provide a great SCUBA diving experience to BSA registered youths, boys and girls, ages 11-20. The event has been created by interested divers representing dive shops, scuba training operations and various BSA Troops, Venturing Crews and other youth groups.
Prerequisites for Participating in Scuba Jam Virginia
- Youth must be 11 -20 years of age
- Hold an Open Water Certification Card or be under the training supervision of a
current and insured Scuba Instructor (Non Divers are welcome to camp and snorkel. Or better yet – get certified before you arrive!); and - Be registered with a participating BSA Troop or Crew or other youth group. If you are not we will get you in with a group as individual youth are welcome!
- Welcome packet with a commemorative T-shirt & event patch
- Entry to Lake Phoenix for the weekend (Fri through Mon)
- Registration begins 2 PM Fri
- 3 nights of camping (Fri-Sun)
- 2 days of structured diving challenges and games, groups and buddy teams (Sat & Sun)
- Time for shakeout dives, group and buddy dives to explore the lake (Fri & Mon)
- Unlimited air fills on 1 tank (tank rental not included)
- Meals, Fri night & Breakfast, Lunch and Evening meal Sat & Sun
- Possible prizes & scholarships for all youth divers
General Schedule of Events*
2:00pm – 8 pm Registration Open.
9:00 – 10:00am Registration Open
9:00 – 12:00pm Gear Check & Orientation Dive (Unit Event)
12:00 – 1:30 pm LUNCH
1:30 – 5:00 pm Buoyancy Challenge and Underwater Archaeology Challenge
ROV Demonstrations Exhibits & On Shore Demos.
5:30 – 7:00 pm DINNER
8:30 – 10:30 pm Night Dive
8:30 - 8:40 am Interfaith Service (Unit Event)
9:00 – 11:30 am Search & Recovery Challenge
12:00 – 1:30 am LUNCH
1:30 – 5:00 pm Scavenger Hunt
5:15 – 5:45 pm BSA Merit Badge Booth
6:00 – 7:30 pm Supper & Awards Ceremony
8:00 – 4:00 pm Open diving, camp breakdown - departure
9:00 – 11:30 am After Action Review, Leaders and SJ Staff
*Subject to Change